The Temiskaming Law Association was incorporated April 11th, 1919 under the provisions of the Ontario Companies Act, as a corporation without share capital to provide and maintain a District Law Library for the use of the Courts and the Members of the Association. In connection with the Law Society of Ontario, the Temiskaming Law Association promotes the general welfare and interest of the legal profession in the District of Temiskaming and provides resources to strengthen the practice of law.